Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

I love this time of year. Fall is in the air, which means it is bearable to be outside. Several months ago we decided we wanted to pull all the rock up in our backyard, pull out the ugly cactus and bush that was growing. We started before it got to hot, but then I got pregnant, followed by three months of me feeling absolutely horrible. By the time I was feeling good enough to start working on the yard again it was 200 degrees outside. I didn't feel like dying from heat stroke.
Our backyard remained a dirt wasteland for the next several months until a couple weeks ago in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, I started stressing about all the things I needed to get done before the baby comes....one of them being my ugly backyard needs to be finished. How sad that is what was stressing me out, not buying baby products or practicing my breathing. I just wanted to get my yard done. My wonderful husband and mother helped to finish this project. Here are some before and afters.
Isn't it beautiful! It still has a way to go, but it makes me so happy to see pretty green grass and not dirt, weeds, and rocks every day! Onto my front yard!

1 comment:

  1. Fresh flowers make me happy too! I can't wait to see you this week... And your yard is looking great!

    ReplyDelete